The mermaid dress has been a red carpet darling since the 1950s. Recently, it has made a comeback. Follow the article to check out looks that bring the elegance, softness and sensuality of this trend.
what is mermaid dress
The mermaid dress was invented in 1930 by French fashion designer Marcel Rochas. The model emerged as a tribute to the shape of the female body. It is a fairer piece, with a larger opening in the length, still, it has the shape of an hourglass to emphasize the waist and hips.
Although it is most famous for its exuberant long models, widely used at weddings and formal parties, there are also short versions perfect for various occasions. Thus, the dress has a few variants: the classic mermaid pattern, with a very tight cut along the body and an opening at the knee, imitating the fins of a mermaid; the semi-mermaid, a little looser, but with the same opening at the knees; and the super mermaid, which is the fairest to the body.
Find out where to buy the mermaid dress to dare on any occasion
Valuing the silhouette is the codename of this model. You can opt for a longer, more formal dress, or a short, more casual one. See where to buy, choose your favorite and feel like a real mermaid:
1. The red mermaid dress is warm and striking
2. But a nude model also has its intensity
3. Look at this black one with the knee opening
4. For everyday use, the mermaid dress is a fresh option
5. Shine bright, mermaid!
6. Elegant and casual at the same time
7. Neckline and slit are a successful combination
The mermaid dress is super versatile. He can be romantic or daring. Here are some looks that will make you want to have several models in your wardrobe.
45 photos of looks with a mermaid dress to make your look amazing
A party favorite, there is a mermaid wedding dress, perfect models for bridesmaids, birthday girls, graduates, etc. Check out a selection of stunning looks, so just choose the ones that best match your style and get inspired!
1. First, the models for brides
2. The mermaid dress is always on the altar
3. If you want to shine, it’s the perfect option
4. Frill guaranteed!
5. The transparency of tulle is a knockout
6. See the classic mermaid dress by Marilyn Monroe, honored at the Met Gala by Kim Kardashian
7. In addition to being glamorous, this model is classic
8. But it can also get a super modern fit
9. Look at this beautiful gradient
10. The model glows blue
11. It’s impossible not to shine with this piece
12. The stones also enhance the mermaid dress
13. Simple, for everyday life
14. Elegant and full of colors
15. Or a dress with lace
16. The mermaid dress just rocks
17. And it suits any occasion
18. This godmother will beautify the wedding
19. Velvet is out of this world
20. A flowery and beautiful basic for everyday life
21. The model looks good at any time
22. With lighter colors, you are ready to go to the christening
23. With a demi-mermaid, rock the Sunday ride
24. Use and abuse the salmon color
25. And tulle too
26. Look at this bombastic themed production
27. A well-made sewing ensures elegance to the mermaid dress
28. Play with prints
29. And with the transparent
30. Beauty and modernity
31. In models that exude sensuality
32. It’s impossible not to love the little black dress
33. Or a classic white lacy
34. For a day outdoors
35. Or for a graduation party
36. The glamor of the mermaid dress is unmistakable
37. A debutante will have the most perfect night
38. And your day will be stylish at the beach
39. See how the transparency of the tulle brings an air of glamor to the mermaid dress
40. The super mermaid is very charming
41. And the standard mermaid dress is very defined
42. See how the silhouette is marked
43. Also, the ruffles look amazing on the mermaid dress
44. With so many wonderful models
45. You can have multiple mermaid dresses without falling into repetition!
Like the mermaid model, the long lace dress is always on trend. Take a look, there are several options for you to shine at any event.
Are You Ready to Discover Your Twin Flame?
Answer just a few simple questions and Psychic Jane will draw a picture of your twin flame in breathtaking detail: