Apple tea, as well as others made from fruit infusions, have gained many followers around the world, mainly due to their medicinal properties. Thinking about the apple, a beloved fruit that is widely used in this type of drink, we prepared this article that brings the benefits and the best tips. Check it out below!
To find out about the benefits of apple tea, we interviewed nutritionist Alice Neves (CRN3-58,544) who put together a super-complete list. Follow up!
Helps in weight loss
According to Alice, tea has soluble and insoluble fibers, in addition to phenolic compounds that help in reducing inflammation and reducing fat cells (adipocytes).
Decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease
This is because of the fibers and polyphenols, which act in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Helps prevent cancer
Its phenolic compounds help in the prevention of some cancers such as colon, esophagus, lung, liver, breast and skin cancer.
It acts in the prevention and treatment of some diseases
The consumption of this tea has an effect both in the prevention and in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma and diabetes.
Improves gastrointestinal health
The apple is an ally in improving gastrointestinal transit because it contains dietary fibers.
Tea helps to slow the decline of normal and premature aging.
Helps to lower cholesterol
Benefit derived from pectin (insoluble fiber) that lowers bad cholesterol in the bloodstream.
Lowers blood pressure
“Its blood pressure lowering activity is thanks to potassium, a mineral essential for this action”, points out Alice.
rich in vitamins
This tea has vitamins A, B3, B6, B9, C, E and K – important for the health of hair, skin, eyes, among other functions.
When ingesting apple tea, some enzymes are activated, helping to protect the liver.
The nutritionist pointed out that tea can be consumed 1 hour before bedtime, as the polyphenols present in apples help with restful sleep. Also, to maximize the effects, try associating it with other herbs such as chamomile, mulungu or passionflower.
Can this tea be ingested by babies? For Alice, babies can consume it, and it is indicated for symptoms of asthma, sinusitis, rhinitis and other diseases of the Immune System. However, the nutritionist emphasizes that one should opt for organic apples, free of pesticides.
Are you dying to try apple tea now and enjoy all its benefits? Check out the recipes for this tea combined with other amazing ingredients!
1. Apple tea with ginger
- 5 apples with skin
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 6 glasses of boiling water
- Ginger slivers (to taste)
- Cinnamon stick (to taste)
- Cloves (to taste)
- Cut the apples into thin slices and set aside;
- If you opt for tea with sugar, in a pan with low heat, caramelize the brown sugar;
- With the caramelized sugar, add the apples and stir;
- After cooking them a little, add the water and spices you prefer;
- Then, cook them for about 10 to 15 minutes;
- Allow to cool and, if you prefer, strain;
- If you choose not to use sugar, simply add the apples, water and spices at the same time.
2. Apple tea with lemon
- Peels of an apple
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon with peel
- 250 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- In a pan add the apple peels and cinnamon stick;
- Then, cut the lemon into slices, discarding both ends of it;
- Place it in the pan with the water and sugar;
- Stir and heat the ingredients on low heat until they come to a boil;
- Place in a cup and serve. If you prefer, you can strain.
3. Apple and cinnamon tea
- Peels of 4 apples
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the apple peels in a pan with the water;
- Add the lemon juice and cinnamon;
- Bring to a boil, stir and boil for 10 to 15 minutes;
- After that, strain all the liquid.
4. Apple tea with cloves and cinnamon
- 1 cup and a half of dried apple
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Carnations (to taste)
- 1 liter of water
- Put the water in a milk jug and let it boil;
- After that, add the other ingredients and boil for another 5 minutes;
- Turn off the heat and cover for approximately 3 minutes to get the flavor;
- Finally, just strain and serve.
5. Apple tea with orange and cinnamon
- 2 apples with skin
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- half orange peels
- 3 liters of water
- Start by chopping the apples and set them aside;
- Then, add the water, apples, cinnamon and orange peels in a pan;
- Boil for about 30 minutes;
- Strain and done.
A good tip for hot days is to put your tea in the fridge. You can also store it in the freezer in ice cube trays for a refreshing drink!
Cautions and Contraindications
For the nutritionist, only diabetics need care before ingesting apple tea, as there is a need to analyze the amount on the menu. Another warning is to avoid adding sugar or sweeteners, which reduce the effectiveness of the tea.
About the choice of apples: “If possible, give preference to organic apples, which do not contain pesticides, and are richer in substances that are beneficial to the body”, concludes Alice.
If you like the idea of fruit infusions with powerful effects, check out this article on blackberry tea!
The information contained on this page is for informational purposes only. They do not replace the advice and follow-up of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, physical education professionals and other specialists.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: