Cannelloni is a type of cylinder-shaped pasta that is traditionally served with a savory filling and covered with plenty of sauce to be finished in the oven. The dough can be bought ready-made, made at home or even substituted for vegetables or slices of ham and turkey breast.
The more traditional ones usually take ground beef, ricotta cheese and spinach, but there are several versions of the recipe. From vegans and vegetarians to inverts and pasta-free, check out 32 ways to prepare and find the cannelloni recipe that will be the biggest hit in your house.
1. Cannelloni with pastry dough: the practicality of pastry dough makes this a simple and ideal recipe for a dinner with friends. The secret is to grease the refractory and line the bottom of the container with sauce so that the pastel dough does not stick.
2. Zucchini Cannelloni: The biggest trick to making this cannelloni is to grill the vegetable slices to prevent the zucchini from releasing too much liquid in the oven. Make sure the slices are thin and even; To make cutting easier, you can use a mandolin slicer. Each zucchini yields approximately 14 cannelloni.
3. Cannelloni with lasagna noodles: lasagna noodles are already known and loved, how about using it in other formats? This recipe uses ready-made and pre-cooked pasta. The sauce made by mixing ready-made sauce, water and sour cream is essential for a tasty dish.
4. Cannelloni 4 cheeses: the recipe can be made with the cheeses of your choice or that are available in your region, in this version mozzarella, gouda, gorgonzola and cream cheese were used. The ideal is to consume the cannelloni fresh, but it can be stored for up to two days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. When heating, add a little milk to return the creaminess of the sauce and cheeses.
5. Cheese cannelloni in white sauce: the great differential of this recipe is that it does not go in the oven and is ready in just 15 minutes! To prepare you will need 4 slices of fresh lasagna noodles, 8 slices of cheese and white sauce, which can also be made at home without any hassle.
6. Ricotta cannelloni with turkey breast: simple and irresistible, the ricotta and turkey breast filling is ideal for those who prefer lighter cheeses. The turkey breast slices should be overlapped and finely chopped before mixing with the ricotta. Plus, black pepper, basil, and olive oil season this delicious filling.
7. Ricotta cannelloni with olives: to prepare the filling for this cannelloni, simply mash the ricotta with a fork and add the other ingredients. Olives, sun-dried tomatoes and cream cheese make for a wonderful mix. Top it off with a hot and tasty tomato sauce.
8. Spinach ricotta cannelloni: for those who want to maintain balanced meals without giving up a good pasta, this is a good option! Spinach is sautéed in a skillet with olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and onions. Then, just mix it with the ricotta and fill the cannelloni.
9. Chicken cannelloni in red sauce: cook the chicken breast in water for 20 minutes, after that, shred and sauté with seasoning to taste. Assemble the cannelloni and add a delicious tomato sauce, which will be the special touch of the recipe. To finish, take it to the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes and your recipe is ready.
10. Chicken cannelloni in white sauce: preparing white sauce at home is quite simple. Boil the milk with cornstarch until it thickens and add cream to give it creaminess. A delight!
11. Cannelloni bolognese: this recipe is the face of family lunches on the weekend. The classic ground beef sauce can be enhanced with olives and shredded mozzarella cheese for fixings.
12. Chicken and cream cheese cannelloni: dry cannelloni pasta is super easy to prepare: just boil in water for 5 minutes, drain, stuff and bake. In this version, the filling with chicken and cream cheese guarantees a result that is a true feast of flavor and creaminess.
13. Chicken and spinach cannelloni: sauté the cooked and shredded chicken breast with onion and garlic. Add the chopped spinach and cook until the leaves soften and blend with the meat. A great trick in this recipe is to add a glass of dry white wine to the filling to enhance the flavors.
14. Chicken cannelloni with cream of corn: cream of corn is made from milk, corn, butter and flour and wheat. Along with the seasonings, the ingredients are blended in a blender and cooked over low heat for approximately 5 minutes. Once assembled, the cannelloni takes 15 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees to be ready and enjoyed.
15. Ham and cheese cannelloni: this simple and delicious recipe is made with lasagna noodles and can be served with your favorite sauce. The big tip is to use cream cheese as a kind of glue to make the cannelloni assembly easier.
16. Eggplant cannelloni with macadamia and broccoli ricotta: with this wonderful recipe you will learn how to prepare even your own ricotta! It may seem complicated, but the processes are quite simple and possible. In the absence of macadamia, other ingredients can be used for ricotta, such as Brazil nuts.
17. Vegan Cannelloni: This delicious vegan version of cannelloni has sliced eggplants and tofu as a filling. To assemble the recipe you can also use pasta for lasagna, there are vegan options available in the market, keep an eye on the ingredients list!
18. Inverted cannelloni: in this very creative recipe, the stuffing is on the outside. Slices of ham and cheese wrap a dough of broken angel hair pasta, cooked and sautéed with cream cheese.
19. Mushroom, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni: A great vegetarian option, this recipe promises a nutritious dish perfect for filling the belly and heart. The vegetables are cooked in butter with a reduction of wine and the cannelloni topped with the classic béchamel sauce. There’s no mistake!
20. Crepioca cannelloni with cauliflower béchamel: this cannelloni stands out for its departure from the traditional. The pasta made with tapioca starch and eggs makes the recipe light and delicious, together with the cauliflower sauce the result is divine.
21. Ricotta, endive and almond cannelloni: the combination of the creaminess of the cheese, the lightness of the endive and the crunchiness of the almonds form the perfect mix for those who want to escape the most common fillings.
22. Eggplant cannelloni with white cheese and pine nuts: in this recipe the eggplant plays the role of the dough, for this, prepare the vegetable by soaking it in salted water. Then, rinse under running water and grill with a drizzle of olive oil. For the filling, pine nuts and white cheese can be processed to a paste.
23. Pumpkin and mushroom cannelloni: learn how to prepare a delicious fresh pasta for these vegetarian cannelloni. The secret is to let the dough rest while you make the sauce and stuffing. After that time, roll out the dough until it is approximately 1mm thick and assemble the cannelloni.
24. Beef Cannelloni with Cognac: Cognac is the special touch of flavor in this recipe! Add the drink to the meat during cooking, lower the heat and leave until the alcohol evaporates. Finish with fresh basil for an amazing filling for your cannelloni.
25. Crustless cannelloni: slices of turkey made the role of dough for the spinach and ricotta filling. This is the winning recipe in terms of practicality! If you prefer, you don’t even have to put it in the oven, 5 minutes in the microwave and the dish is ready.
26. Inverted potato cannelloni: fry the potato sticks, season with salt and in place of the pasta use ham and cheese to assemble the recipe. Yummy right? It’s a flavor for no one to fault.
27. Low carb cannelloni: healthy and low in carbohydrates, this recipe is ideal for those who want a balanced dish to please the whole family. The sliced zucchini takes the place of the pasta, and the sauce used can be your preference.
28. Fish and vegetable cannelloni: season the fish with salt, pepper and lemon juice and cook it together with the vegetables for 7 or 8 minutes. You can vary the vegetables and use the ones that are most successful in your meals, but don’t forget to clean the fish before cooking.
29. Cod cannelloni: this recipe is divided between the preparation of the cod filling, a tasty tomato sauce and the creamy béchamel sauce that ends the recipe. If you buy cod while it is still salted, it is important to soak it for at least 36 hours before cooking it.
30. Tuna cannelloni: how about bringing the practicality of canned tuna to this recipe that is a real delight? Sauté the fish in a skillet with peppers, tomatoes and onions, assemble the cannelloni with béchamel sauce and place in the oven for approximately half an hour. A fresh salad can be the ideal accompaniment.
In addition to being very democratic, because it works with different fillings and pasta, cannelloni earns points for being a dish that allows elaborate flavors even with a simple and quick preparation. Now you know what to cook for your next meal. Enjoy your food!
Be sure to also check out some ground beef lasagna recipes to maintain the Italian atmosphere of the venue!
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: