Synthetic curly hair is ideal for those who want to change their look without spending too much, with the advantage of having a wide variety of sizes and models. But you need to take some extra care with this type of hair. Here are some tips to take care of synthetic fibers and so that they maintain their quality for longer.
What is the difference between synthetic hair and organic hair?
According to curl expert Simone Batista, one of the main differences between synthetic hair and organic curly hair is that synthetic hair does not accept heat tools like flat irons and dryers very well. Organic hair has a protective film that makes it more resistant to high temperatures. They also have a distinct durability. Synthetic yarns tend to last less than organic yarns.
7 synthetic curly hair care to maintain the definition of the wires
Synthetic curly hair is a great alternative to change the look, but you need to take some special care with this type of hair. Here are some expert tips that will help you a lot to take care of your synthetic fibers.
- Always sleep with your hair up: by sleeping with your hair up, you prevent them from getting tangled up easily. In addition, the curls will keep their original shape for longer.
- Wear a satin cap to sleep: Wearing a satin cap at night, with the shiny side in, can help prevent the threads from rubbing against the pillowcase. The cap also helps to preserve the hydration and moisture of the wires and maintain the definition of the curls.
- Use a wide-toothed comb: to detangle synthetic curly strands, it is advisable to use a comb with wider teeth. In addition to protecting the shape of the curls more, the wide comb can help keep the hair with more volume and natural shape.
- Washing care: it is important to wash synthetic curly hair once a week with shampoo diluted in water. By doing this, the mixture will better reach all hair strands and the scalp, resulting in a more efficient wash.
- Never wash synthetic curls with hot water: washing this type of yarn with hot water can be very harmful to your synthetic fibers. So, it is important to avoid hot water so that your curls can last longer.
- Do not use a flat iron: the use of a flat iron is not recommended for those who have synthetic curls. This is because this type of thread does not have a protective film, which makes its durability less when compared to organic curls.
- Avoid diving in the sea or in the pool: this is one of the disadvantages of using curly synthetic hair. The sea and pool water makes the strands look whitish and not very pleasant. For this reason, it’s important to avoid diving when you’re enjoying a walk on the beach or in the pool.
Providing proper care for synthetic curls is essential for them to maintain their original shape for longer. By following these tips, you will be able to enjoy your new locks much more.
Where can you buy curly synthetic hair
You can find a variety of synthetic curly hair options to buy on the following websites:
- American stores;
- Bahia Houses;
It’s never been so easy to change your look and get defined curls. Synthetic curls are also perfect for anyone looking to change up their look for a short period of time or for a specific event.
Other care and tips for curly synthetic hair
Synthetic fibers require special care because they are quite different from organic fibers. Here are some videos with more information on how to take care of this type of hair.
How to wash synthetic curls
The moment of washing, for those who are using curls for the first time, can be a challenge. But the process is not as difficult as it may seem. See in this video how to wash the locks and also how to finish the hair.
5 things they didn’t tell you about synthetic hair
See in this video a compilation of 5 things that people usually don’t talk about when it comes to curly synthetic hair. If you are going to use this type of hair, it is important to have as much information as possible, including about the perrengues you can go through.
Tips to take better care of your synthetic hair
In this video you will have access to several tips to take better care of your synthetic curly hair. It addresses issues such as hair length, washing, hydration, and curl maintenance. It’s really worth checking out!
9 hairstyle options for synthetic curls
If you like to complement the look with different hairstyles, you will surely like this video. In it you will check out 9 hairstyle options to make your synthetic curls even more beautiful.
What did you think of all these tips? Synthetic curls deserve the best care to always look hydrated and defined. Also take the opportunity to learn more about the different types of curls and see some tips to understand and love your hair the way it is.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: