Home » Guidance » Experts explain when mold can be dangerous and when it can be safe

Experts explain when mold can be dangerous and when it can be safe

Mold, or mildew, can always appear in different parts of your home and on some products and foods. Often, we just take out the ugly part and keep the rest. Scientists explain that in some cases this can be dangerous, because many molds produce mycotoxins that can cause serious illness.

the team of Incredible.club decided to research in more detail the difference between mold that can be beneficial and mold that should be eliminated immediately.

Beneficial and harmful mold, what is the difference between them?

As some experts argue, the difference between ‘noble’ and dangerous mold in produce is almost the same as between an edible mushroom and a deadly one. But what’s the difference?

Noble mold:

Varieties of healthy fungal crops penicillium and botrytis cinerea, which add flavor to cheeses, salami, wines and other products. Mold growth is controlled by specially established parameters. They offer health benefits, as they help in the functioning of the intestines and reduce the risk of the person developing cardiovascular pathologies. In addition, they are natural food preservatives.

dangerous mold🇧🇷

Varieties of fungi that cause different impacts on the body, from allergic reactions to dangerous intoxications. It is impossible to assess the degree of danger simply by looking. It encompasses almost all molds that appear in domestic conditions.

Noble mold: five well-known products

Some products taste better precisely because of the fungi. They help to add a special touch of flavor.

These cheeses stand out for combining three types of mold: blue, white and red.

Read Also:  12 Comparisons of Celebrities When They Were Children With Their Children (Milla Jovovich's Daughter Looks Like Her Clone)

Keep an eye out for mold that spontaneously appears on hard cheese because it can be dangerous. Also, if stored incorrectly, many other unhealthy fungi can appear in the cheese.

Benefits: these cheeses are rich in protein, phosphorus and amino acids. Calcium is better absorbed precisely because of mold.

Moldy cheese should be consumed with caution especially by children and pregnant women, as they can cause allergies. People with digestive problems should also be careful.

The fermentation of soybeans in the production of sauce is carried out with the influence of the fungus of the genus aspergillus fumigatus🇧🇷 In the past, Europeans who wanted to prepare this sauce could not because they did not understand the role of this fungus in the Asian recipe.

Benefits: rich in amino acids and minerals.

Children under five and pregnant women should consume it with caution, as it can cause allergies.

The mold that coats the salami gives it a distinctive flavor, helps prevent it from drying out, and acts as a natural preservative.

Benefits: natural ingredients.

the wines tokaji and some varieties of French wines are made with grapes with a certain fungus whose appearance is called noble rot. As the producers say, it adds nobility to the drink, helps to eliminate excess moisture and increases the concentration of sugar, an essential requirement for sweet wines.

Products with mold: conserve or throw away?

It’s not worth checking with your own body whether or not the product is toxic, after all you could suffer a serious allergy. But it is possible to know what kind of products with mold can be kept longer.

Should be thrown away:

Throw away products with a damp, relatively mushy texture, as mold can spread quickly. Even if the product has an apparently mold-free part, it is likely that it is already moldy.

The list includes:

Meats such as sausages, bacon, ham or other types. Dairy products such as yogurt, curd, cream, sliced ​​cheese or grated cheese. Prepared dishes such as soups, salads, pasta and the like. Fruits and vegetables. Jam. Bread.

Can be preserved:

Because of the hard surfaces, mold doesn’t spread as quickly and only the affected part can be thrown away.

The list includes:

Hard cheeses such as Parmesan. The ideal is to remove the part with mold and a layer of 1 cm of cheese. Hard fruits and vegetables: mold finds it difficult to penetrate carrots, for example, so it is possible to remove only the affected part. Raw ham and similar sausages. Mold appears on the surface and only that part should not be consumed.

Caution: possibly poisonous products

There are products in which it is possible for the most toxic varieties of mold to proliferate.

So look carefully at apples, walnuts and peanuts. Mold can even hide in foods that look good.

Are You Ready to Discover Your Twin Flame?

Answer just a few simple questions and Psychic Jane will draw a picture of your twin flame in breathtaking detail:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Los campos marcados con un asterisco son obligatorios *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.