Shell necklaces have become popular with women, especially in tropical regions, for their versatility, delicacy and mermaid touch.
And speaking of mermaids, mermaids are already an old trend, but that invaded the style of several celebrities and, with that, ended up winning the streets. Several brands such as Valentino, Elie Saab and Burberry have already used this universe of inspiration for their shows.
The image and personal style consultancy, Karina Nunes says that the success is linked to the fact that it is a super feminine, subtle style, in addition to having a mythological aura that enchants women. “Mermaids have always been part of the imagination, so feeling like one of them is like fulfilling a childhood dream.”
More sober looks are a great choice when combining accessories inspired by mermaids, so it is possible to abuse a little more chokers with shell shapes and whelk chokers, for example.
Those who like to be daring can invest in textured pieces that resemble scales, leather, sequins and abuse shades such as green, blue, lilac and light pink. For the look not to be too loaded, it is essential to dose the references. “If the clothes are very ‘mermaid style’, the accessories should be more discreet, smaller and without too many colors”, explains Karina.
Currently, the most sought after styles of shell necklaces are the more discreet ones, in elegant materials such as silver, bronze, or even gold. They are beautiful and work super well for any style. The simplest ones, with shells or natural whelks, are better in the summer, in very beachy environments. During the cold days it is also possible to use the trend, but those with a sophisticated footprint are more successful this season, because they are harmonious with the rest of the look. Check out our selection and get inspired by the ways to use this charming accessory:
1. Matches with jeans
2. Perfect for the most discreet
3. Looks great in a mix
4. And also in a daring look
5. Conveys delicacy
6. And the charm of the sea
7. It’s versatile and stylish
8. Can be used on the beach
9. Or in any other environment
10. Serves for a minimalist look
11. And also for an overproduction
12. For the simplest
13. Who like delicate details
14. And also for the most daring
15. Who like to combine colors
16. It has for all styles
17. Combines with other accessories
18. But alone is also a charm
19. Shells can appear on tighter models
20. That highlight the neck
21. Or more loose
22. Which express delicacy
23. Perfect for everyday life
24. And also for night productions
25. Some have pendants
26. Others are more basic
27. There are those with natural shells
28. And the metal ones
29. But everyone has the same charm
30. And endless combinations
31. Between colors, textures and sizes
32. With more sophisticated details
33. Or with complementary accessories
34. Some are true works of art
35. And they leave us enchanted
36. Others have the delicacy of simplicity
37. Which also has its value
38. But some are really rich
39. And make the woman even more wonderful
40. For they convey your essence and your femininity
Hard to resist the charm and style of shell necklaces, right? With all these beautiful inspirations, there’s no reason not to adopt this fashion!
7 beautiful shell necklaces you can buy online
Below we separate beautiful pieces that can be combined with other accessories according to your personal style. They are versatile and full of personality accessories for those who want to bet on the trend, but still don’t know where to start.
Where to buy
- Choker shells, in Sal do Mar
- Choker with cowries and rope, at Lojas Renner
- Choker with natural whelks, at Lojas Renner
- Mini shell necklace, at Izasóler
- Necklace with whelk pendant, in Sal do Mar
- Búzios choker, in Izasóler
- Necklace with whelk pendant, at Marisa
With so many options of colors, formats, sizes and textures on the market, it is increasingly easier to assemble a look that presents the trend, but does not deviate from your style of dress, allowing you to feel good wearing whatever you want. Therefore, the tip is to bet without fear on the options that you like the most and that are your face!
Journalist, photographer and blogger who loves the internet, is always thinking about the next trip. Addicted to social networks, she is not a minute away from her cell phone and always has a coffee nearby. She watches 8 series at the same time and keeps falling in love with characters.
See more content from Nathalia Generoso
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: