Some diseases leave marks on life, memory and skin. But there are ways to regain confidence, self-esteem and love for the body: the post-breast cancer tattoo is one of them.
With great sensitivity, tattoo artists redesign female forms or make designs full of meaning, which mark a story of struggle and victory. Learn more about these tattoos and check out some photos that are pure inspiration.
The post-mastectomy tattoo
Post-breast cancer tattoos are usually done to disguise or reframe scars or the complete absence of breasts.
Before leaving for the tattoo studio, however, it is interesting to have the doctor’s approval and look for professionals who have experience in this type of tattoo.
The so-called paramedic tattoo, which is also known as micropigmentation, is a good choice for those who want to rebuild the appearance of the areola region. This one, however, is not permanent, and can be redone after a while.
15 post-breast cancer tattoo photos that are pure inspiration
1. Surgeries done to remove breast cancer leave scars
2. But they are also reminders of a victory
3. And they reinforce that the struggle for life continues
4. Tattoos in the region help to regain self-esteem
5. Flowers are among the most chosen designs
6. And they form beautiful tattoos
7. But several different designs are allowed
8. Some are true works of art
9. There is also the possibility of a reconstruction tattoo
10. Who redesigns body parts to perfection
11. A symbol that marks the end of a stage of treatments and surgeries
12. Rescue your beauty, the love you have for yourself!
13. Be a small tattoo
14. Or big
15. The important thing is to celebrate your body the way it is
Few things are as beautiful as a woman in love with herself!
Learn more about tattoos performed after breast cancer surgery
Stories of new beginnings, projects that are pure sensitivity, attentive professionals… Check out in the videos below some reports, interviews and more information about the tattoos performed after the mastectomy.
1. Tattoo to redesign the breasts
In addition to tattoos with drawings, many women who have undergone tumor removal surgeries opt for tattoos that redraw their breasts. This is a work that the tattoo artist Janaina Piantino does. Play to check.
2. Tattoo for women who have had breast cancer
Check out exciting stories from the tattoo artist and a woman who turned to her art for breast reconstruction after a mastectomy.
3. Project “A tattoo for a better life”
Returning the self-esteem and confidence of women who have overcome breast cancer: this is the idea behind the project created by tattoo artist Miro Dantas. The professional makes realistic tattoos that reproduce the design of the nipple and areola. Learn more in the video.
Breast cancer affects thousands of women, but it is possible to emerge victorious from this fight. Get inspired by the stories of 10 celebrities who beat breast cancer.
Graduated and postgraduated in journalism, she ended up becoming a publicist by profession. Gaucho, blogger, passionate about life. Good with a fork, singer in the shower, great storyteller, terrible joke teller. She reads a lot, talks a lot, watches more Netflix than she should.
See more content from Nicole Dias
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: