Ingredient used in the most varied recipes, paprika, in addition to giving more flavor to dishes, offers important health benefits when consumed regularly.
Ariane Braz AC Brasil, nutritionist at the Edmundo Vasconcelos Hospital Complex, explains that paprika is a spice made from dried and ground red peppers, widely used as a seasoning.
The final flavor of paprika may vary depending on the pepper used. The most consumed versions, including here in Brazil, are sweet paprika and spicy paprika. However, in some specialized stores it is possible to find smoked paprika.
The benefits of consuming paprika are mainly associated with its antioxidant properties. Check out below how this spice can be an ally of your health and how it can be used in different types of recipes!
6 health benefits of paprika
Those who consume paprika frequently can benefit their health in many ways, such as preventing heart disease, diabetes and even cancer. Here are the main benefits of this spice:
1. Antioxidant power: Ariane points out that paprika is rich in vitamin A and antioxidants, including carotenoids, which prevent damage caused by oxidative stress (when there is an excess of free radicals in the body). In this way, various types of diseases and premature aging can be prevented.
2. Disease prevention: Ariane points out that another substance found in this spice is capsaicin, which helps in the treatment and prevention of cancer, diabetes, autoimmune diseases and high blood pressure.
3. Boosting immunity: as a source of vitamin A, paprika helps boost immunity.
4. Skin health: the frequent consumption of paprika helps in the health and beauty of the skin, contributing to the prevention of expression marks, wrinkles and sagging.
5. Eye health: paprika also works to prevent problems that harm the eyes, as it contains a significant amount of antioxidants, such as vitamin A and lutein.
6. Versatility in the kitchen: this is a very versatile seasoning, which gives a special touch to any type of meat, potatoes and vegetables, etc.
It is worth mentioning that, to enjoy these and other benefits that paprika offers, it is necessary to consume it regularly. For this, the ideal is to follow the guidelines of your doctor or nutritionist.
Difference between sweet paprika and hot paprika
You may have heard of the two versions: sweet paprika and hot paprika. Ariane explains that what makes them different is the way they are made: the sweet one uses the seed in its manufacturing process, while the spicy one is made with seedless peppers.
“Paprika can be used to season meat, fish, vegetables, but it should not be boiled, as it is bitter”, comments the nutritionist. If it goes to the fire, it should stay for a short time, at most five minutes, but the ideal is to add it at the end of the recipe.
Sweet paprika has a very mild flavor and is often used to color foods such as fish, chicken, soups and sauces. Spicy paprika is indicated for those who enjoy dishes with more “marking” flavors, but it can also be used in the seasoning of the most varied foods, such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs, pies, sauces, etc.
Recipes full of flavor with paprika
Versatile, paprika can add flavor to many dishes. Get inspired by some recipes:
1. Bread with paprika, raisins and walnuts
A recipe with contrasts in flavor and texture. The dough is delicate and, at the same time, slightly spicy. Check out the step by step here.
2.Fried squid with paprika and lemon
An easy recipe that goes very well with a cold beer. In addition to these main ingredients, you will only use garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and chives. Check out how to make it!
3. Pork with paprika
Recipe for pork loin steaks prepared with paprika, parsley, garlic and white wine. Good tip for a tasty and easy lunch to prepare! Check step by step.
4. Lentil in paprika sauce with eggs
A comfort food style dish, of those who are pure affection: simple, but with a lot of flavor. Check out the full recipe here.
5. Baked potatoes with smoked paprika
Recipe for delicious golden potatoes in the oven with smoked paprika, garlic and turmeric. It is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Check out the recipe here.
6. Penne with Sausage Sauce and Spicy Paprika
The result is a dish of striking flavors and colors! Good choice for a Sunday lunch and no secrets to prepare! Check out the recipe here.
7. Farofa with garlic, paprika and olive oil
Good tip to vary the day-to-day farofa. You will need cassava flour, olive oil, garlic, paprika and salt. Check out the full recipe!
8. Tomato soup with thyme and paprika
This recipe is simple and, in a few minutes, you will be ready to make a tasty and healthy soup, which you can serve with toast, fresh bread or whatever you prefer. Check out the recipe here.
For this recipe, you will need butter, onion, sweet paprika, beef, garlic, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomato, carrot, potato, broth, bay leaf, salt, black pepper and sour cream (optional ). Check step by step.
10. Spicy lamb with chickpeas
To make this super complete dish, you’ll use lamb shank, garlic, pickled chickpeas, cumin, hot paprika, cilantro, water and lemon. Check out how to do it!
Remember that having sweet paprika and hot paprika in the kitchen is guaranteed to prepare delicious and flavorful dishes.
Contraindications and warnings about consumption
Ariane points out that there are no contraindications for the consumption of paprika, except for those who are allergic to this ingredient.
Thus, care with the consumption of paprika is the same as in the case of any other food: if you notice any symptoms of allergy, such as swelling of the mouth or contact dermatitis, look for your doctor and suspend consumption.
Now you know the incredible benefits that paprika offers for health and you have good recipe inspirations to use it as an ingredient in everyday life!
The information contained on this page is for informational purposes only. They do not replace the advice and follow-up of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, physical education professionals and other specialists.
Are You Ready to Discover Your Twin Flame?
Answer just a few simple questions and Psychic Jane will draw a picture of your twin flame in breathtaking detail: