The models of pantyhose They are classified by numbers according to their thread, which range from the thinnest and almost imperceptible on the legs, to the thickest and very visible, a great option to warm up on the coldest days. Find out more about the pantyhose yarn types and see some tips on how to use them.
Usually the tights with thin threads presents a shade similar to the natural skin tone when chosen in the right color. It is best used on cool days, which are not extremely cold or intensely hot. Most women who are adept at this type of thin stockings like to use it to “disguise” blemishes or less evident marks and make their legs more beautiful.
The numbers of the fine threads vary from the smallest, which is 7, to 20. There are also variations such as threads 10, 13 and 15, which can be found from the skin color tone, which is lighter, to black, the most dark.
Thin yarn tights are great to be combined with productions in which the legs are exposed in a natural way, without looking like they are wearing stockings. If you prefer to highlight your legs in a discreet way, bet on the sock with a black shade. As the sock is quite delicate, you have to be very careful when putting it on so as not to pull any threads.
THE tights with thick threads It’s a sure bet to keep your legs well protected on winter days. With it, it is possible to wear pieces such as skirts and dresses even on the coldest days. The numbering of the threads varies from 40 (commonly used by dancers), to 60, 70 and 80, in which the threads are thick and quite visible.
Although thick black tights are the most common and preferred among women, there are a variety of types and shades that can be chosen according to your taste or even to match your look. They can have intense colors such as: burgundy, dark green, navy blue, red, gray, eggplant, brown or even with plaid, polka dot, stripes, mixed, ribbed, among others. The pantyhose thread can also be chosen between opaque or microfiber effect.
very thick wires
And if you thought the 80 thread size pantyhose was the thickest, you were wrong. There are even thicker threads, ranging from 110 to 150 that can be used on extremely cold days or even as leggings, as the thread type is different, does not mark and is quite comfortable. Very thick socks can also come in a variety of shades, prints and finishes.
What’s more, 140 thread pantyhose can also be found as a type of medicinal therapeutic sock, also known as compression pantyhose, widely used in the postoperative period of varicose veins or plastic surgery to shape the body, in the first months of pregnancy or by sedentary people. It guarantees relief from circulation and other leg side effects and guarantees good results. These are usually found only in shades according to your skin color.
For those women who like to dare in the production and make the look even more sensual or in the rocker style, the fishnet stockings It has a different type of thread, with openings that vary from more spaced and larger to smaller and closer together. The colors of fishnets vary from white, red, grey, brown and black, which is the most classic and widely used to compose more elaborate productions.
In addition to the common pantyhose, there is also the half ?, with the length that ends in the thighs, often used by pin-up characters to give a sexier touch to the look. There is a variety of models with lace details in the barred or garter type, to complete with the garter belt. the sock? it can also be found in simpler models, to complete the day-to-day production even with a dress in which the length is a little lower than the thighs (so as not to be too evident and to look vulgar). This is the ideal type of pantyhose for women who are uncomfortable with classic models.
THE sock ¾ is a little smaller than ? and ends at the ankle, in the same half-socket style. It’s a great choice to use with that thinner shoe like pumps, peep toe, boots, ankle boots. In order not to spoil the production, the ¾ sock must be used with pants or so that the shoe has the longest shaft, at the height of the sock.
not to make mistakes
- When choosing the ideal pantyhose for you, you must first check the thread number and type on the product packaging, the right size for your body and the exact shade. If you want the sock in a skin tone, so that the tone doesn’t deviate from the natural, compare the color with your arm skin tone.
- Choosing a pantyhose shade one or two shades more than your natural skin tone to give that tanned effect can leave your legs with an artificial color, darker compared to the rest of your body and still detonate your entire look.
- Women with very thick or shapely legs should avoid tights with thin, light threads and details such as lace and very flashy prints. Bet on thick hair and dark colors, preferably black, which gives the appearance of thinner legs.
- For those who have very thin legs, the tip is to bet without fear on pantyhose with prints, textures and colors. Just avoid the thin strands of dark shades so your legs don’t look even thinner. In winter, bet on thick and very thick cold, they make your legs even more beautiful.
- If you are one of those who likes to wear pantyhose with shoes in which the toes are exposed, such as peep toes, ankle boots or even sandals, the tip is to bet on barefoot sockin which fingers are free and with the thread 13, great option to use in the day-to-day, especially if it is not so cold.
- To use with shoes such as ballet flats, slippers, oxfords and other models of shoes that show the instep, it is worth using the sneaker-style sock.
- Be gentle when putting on tights, especially those with thin threads, as they are easier to pull the thread through.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: