Jaborandi is a plant widely used in the cosmetic industry, its natural properties guarantee solutions to various hair problems, as they act on cell renewal, stimulating the growth of wires and making them more resistant and healthy.
Present in cosmetic formulations, such as shampoos, conditioners, hair tonics, and oils, it is possible to find several products on the market with the active ingredient of the plant. Therefore, if you are looking for hair strengthening, you will find jaborandi an excellent ally.
Want to know more about this plant? Here we explain its benefits, uses, products and contraindications:
5 Benefits of jaborandi on hair
Jaborandi is rich in pilocarpine, a substance that strengthens hair, preventing hair loss, stimulating hair growth and restoring hair texture. The plant tea is also widely used, and can be applied directly to the hair and scalp. Check out the most popular benefits of the plant below:
- Reduces hair loss: the beneficial action of jaborandi is directly related to pilocarpine, which we mentioned above. Extracted from the leaves, its main beneficial effect on the hair is the reduction of hair loss, as well as the strengthening of the scalp.
- Combat dandruff: Another characteristic of jaborandi is its natural oil, which, when applied to the scalp, acts to protect and stimulate hair growth.
- Stimulates hair growth: jaborandi also has a toning action, which stimulates hair growth and also ensures a healthy scalp. The result is that the hair is born stronger and more resistant to aggressions.
- Acts as an emollient: due to the oil present in the plant, it helps in the hydration of the threads, making them more beautiful and silky.
- Moisturizing action: Another important action of jaborandi in the hair is to retain water in the strands, keeping them hydrated, it acts by sealing the strands and keeping the hydration inside.
- In a container, place the leaves with the water and boil for 10 minutes;
- Turn off the heat and wait for it to cool well;
- With the hair still dry, apply the capillary tea (at warm or cold temperature) on the length, ends and scalp;
- Massage the hair and scalp well so that the solution penetrates well;
- After that, put on the cap and wait 40 minutes for the product to act;
- Finally, wash with shampoo and conditioner.
- Put a tablespoon of jaborandi oil in a small pot and heat it for a few seconds in the microwave;
- With dry hair, apply a little oil to the locks and roots. At that moment, you should massage the scalp, as it will activate blood circulation, stimulating the growth of the wires;
- Let the product act for about 2 hours. Thus, the scalp will absorb the nutrients from the oil;
- Finally, rinse the strands with cold water, wash with a shampoo and apply a conditioner only to the ends of the hair.
- Haskell Jaborandi – Shampoo – 300ml, at Época Cosmeticos e Perfumaria
- Jaborandi Anti-Fall Kit 250 Ml 4 Bio Extratus Products, in Lojas Americanas
- Jaborandi Shampoo, Farmaervas, Colorless, 320 ml, at Beleza na Web
- Haskell Hair Tonic – Nectavita by Jaborandi – 40ml, at Época Cosmeticos e Perfumaria
- Finisher Jaborandi 150g, at Bio Extratus
- Bio Extratus Jaborandi Hair Tonic, at Ikesaki Cosméticos
- Hair Tonic Strength and Body Aromachology, by L’Occitane
Is this plant a wonder or not to recover damaged wires and in need of nutrition?
How to apply jaborandi on hair
Jaborandi tea is one of the most common ways to use it, we have prepared a step-by-step guide for you to extract all the benefits:
Heads up: Do not drink this tea, this recipe is indicated only for hair application.
The oil has an amazing action on the hair. It protects the scalp and acts as a hair stimulant. Those who want more shine, lightness and softness in their hair will find in this product an excellent solution. It is also indicated to treat hair loss, in addition to giving more vitality to the wires.
Another way to use jaborandi oil is to add it to traditional shampoos. For this, mix a few drops for every 100ml of the product. This measure will boost your shampoo and contribute to the nutrition of your hair!
7 products with jaborandi to buy
We separate some products with jaborandi in its formulation, check it out:
Now all you have to do is choose the one that best suits your needs and you will soon start to see the results.
Contraindications to the use of jaborandi
Despite being a plant, it is always good to consult a doctor before using the oil or tea. In cases of pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding and people with heart disease, its use is not indicated.
As you can see in this content, jaborandi is a plant that can do a lot for your hair, from fighting hair loss to toning the scalp for healthier hair growth. Good idea for those who want silkier and stronger hair, isn’t it?
Also check out our tips on dealing with broken hair.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: