Iron oxidation, known as rust, wreaks havoc when it comes into contact with clothing. It leaves coppery stains on fabrics and is difficult to remove, but not impossible. Techniques on how to remove rust from clothes can save your look and save you from having to invest in new pieces. Check out the tips we separate for you!
How to remove rust from clothes
- half lemon
- Two tablespoons of clear detergent
- Two spoons of vinegar
Step by step
- In a bowl, squeeze half a lemon and add two tablespoons of detergent and two tablespoons of vinegar;
- Mix all the liquid in the container;
- Place the mixture on the rust stain;
- Scrub the stain with an old toothbrush;
- Let the mixture act for about half an hour and reapply if necessary;
- If necessary, scrape off the stain using your fingernails or a spatula;
- Finish by washing the piece in the washing machine or in the sink.
The older the stain, the longer it will take you to finish the process. Therefore, the tip is to mix and apply to the piece as soon as you detect the damage.
Other ways to remove rust from clothes
If you prefer to avoid vinegar, there are other miracle recipes that will help you get rid of rust from your clothes. Check out!
How to remove rust from clothes with baking soda
Lemon and baking soda form a recipe that will save you from rust! The tip is simple: squeeze a lemon and mix it with a spoon of bicarbonate. Then just rub the stain with a sponge.
How to remove rust from clothes with lemon and salt
This technique is great for recent stains. Place the piece in a basin with water and put lemon and salt on the stain. Leave in the sun and, before the clothes dry completely, remove and wash normally.
How to remove rust from clothes with biribiri
In addition to lemon, there is another fruit capable of saving your clothes from rust, biribiri. Just squeeze the fruit in the stained spots of the piece and let it rest. In a few minutes, the stains will be gone.
The techniques on how to remove rust from clothes are simple, so don’t lose your favorite shirt due to an accidental stain. Incidentally, it’s not just the rust that can be removed easily, but also some drinks. Enjoy and learn how to remove wine stains.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: