To look good, windows and glass need regular cleaning. Ideally, cleaning should be done monthly. And For those who think that the task is too difficult, they are wrong. The way in which cleaning is done and the use of the correct products, in the proper amount, can ensure that glass and mirrored surfaces are clean, without any stain or blurry appearance. By following a few small steps, cleaning the windows can be done without much effort and time.
Check out a step-by-step guide and tips prepared with the help of personal Organizer Adriani Gonçalves and learn how to efficiently sanitize the windows and glass of your home. Below you will also find a homemade window cleaner recipe and explanatory videos on how to clean windows and windows correctly.
Step by step on how to clean the windows
The steps for cleaning the windows are quite simple. The way and the order in which they are done is what guarantees efficient cleaning. Here are the three steps you should follow to make your windows clean:
- Before cleaning the windows it is necessary to clean the windows and openings first. A suggestion is to pass a wide-bristle brush between the cracks in the window to eliminate dust. It is also possible to vacuum the most difficult to reach parts, especially the corners;
- Clean the glass with a solution of 5 liters of water to 1 tablespoon of vinegar or mild detergent and 1 tablespoon of alcohol. Pass this solution with the soft side of the sponge, rinse and dry. To make this step easier, see the tips and tricks in the topic below;
- Apply window cleaner and dry to finish.
Tips and tricks that will make cleaning easier
- To avoid stains during the step-by-step cleaning, start from the top down and divide one part first then the other, use the cloth or sponge in the same direction;
- Ideally, wash the window on cloudy days, as direct sunlight ends up drying the cleaning product before you can polish the glass properly;
- Polishing windows with a crumpled newspaper is one way to get a shiny shine. The paper still leaves a film that is resistant to dirt;
- Paper towel is also excellent to finish the cleaning and also gives shine;
- Cotton T-shirts or cloth diapers, rubbing a clean blackboard eraser over a freshly washed and dried window are other ways to ensure even shinier glass;
- Window cleaner, easily found in supermarkets, is only suitable for cleaning glass and mirrors that are not located in rooms that accumulate greasy dirt. However, for areas with such dirt, the ideal is to use a neutral and liquid degreaser, before applying the window cleaner.
- Be very careful when using chairs and benches to reach tall windows. Prefer stairs in good condition, with Inmetro certificate and if necessary, count on someone’s help.
What products are needed to clean windows and windows?
Adriani suggests the following products and materials to use when cleaning windows:
- Cleans windows for common dirt;
- Neutral soap for heavier dirt;
- soft sponge;
- Double-sided squeegee (has sponge for washing and flannel or cotton fabric for drying);
- Extension cables for glass with difficult access;
- Mesh (lint-free) cloths or cloth diapers.
The ideal is to avoid solvent-based products and the use of rough cloths and sponges to avoid scratches and stains on the glass.
homemade glass cleaner recipe
To make a homemade glass cleaner you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of ammonia;
- 1/2 cup of alcohol for cleaning;
- 1/4 teaspoon of detergent.
Mix all ingredients in a small spray bottle. Top up with water and shake well. If you prefer, replace the ammonia with 3 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice.
Video: how to clean glass in an easy and practical way
Below you can see a video that explains in a very didactic way how to clean the windows. The explanation about cleaning the windows and windows starts after four minutes.
Follow the tips to have impeccably clean windows and glass to ensure the beauty of the internal and external areas of your home or apartment.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: