Eggplant is very popular by name, shape and color, but what not everyone knows is how powerful it can be for health.
In addition to being highly nutritious, it is super versatile in gastronomy. Originally from Asia, it was taken by the Arabs to Europe, so some of the best-known dishes with the vegetable are Babaghanoush and Ratatouille. Learn more and see why include this ingredient in your menu now.
benefits of eggplant
There are several good reasons to consume this vegetable. Check out some of the main ones.
- Helps in weight loss: each 100 g of eggplant contains only 200 kcal. It is made up of 90% water and a lot of fiber, which makes you feel full.
- Source of fiber: helps relieve constipation and cleanses the intestinal tract.
- Rich in nutrients: it has vitamins from the B complex (B1, B3, B5 and B6), vitamin C, in addition to minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and various phytonutrients.
- Healthy brain: it has an antioxidant that works against the action of free radicals that can damage brain cells.
- Blood Pressure Balance: Eggplant is a great source of antioxidants that stimulate the production of the hormone aldosterone.
- Kidney health: the oxidants present in this vegetable act as a diuretic.
- Healthy skin: the vitamins and minerals present help protect the skin from premature aging.
- Immune system: can be used in juices, combined with vitamin C, to strengthen immunity.
- Cholesterol control and heart health: helps reduce bad cholesterol in the blood.
10 super easy eggplant recipes for you to innovate in the kitchen
Check out easy, practical recipes for all tastes for those who want to include eggplant in their diet.
1. Babaganoush: typical of Arab cuisine, it is a very tasty eggplant paste that can accompany and give life to different dishes or snacks.
2. Caponata: Caponata is an Italian classic. The antipasto can serve as a sauce for pasta or accompany breads and breadsticks. Great for having friends over.
3. Breaded eggplant: a great idea to include in the diet. Few ingredients and very tasty result.
4. Light oven-baked eggplant: recipe for those who want an easy, practical and delicious option. Similar to a pizza, but without dough. Much more fit!
5. Eggplant Pizza: Another low-calorie option for those who want to kill pizza cravings. The difference is that the eggplant is cut into very thin slices.
6. Stuffed eggplant: enjoy all the eggplant and include the stuffing you prefer. In addition to the suggested preparation, you can let your imagination run wild and stuff the eggplant with various ingredients.
7. Eggplant burger: Juicy and meaty, eggplant makes a great burger. The secret is to perfect the seasoning.
8. Eggplant kibbeh: The eggplant version of the kibbeh is fit and much more affordable. Your pocket will thank you!
9. Ratatouille: one of the most classic recipes with eggplant. Along with other vegetables, Ratatouille is the recipe that was missing from your diet.
10. Eggplant salad: it’s so versatile that it’s not just for hot dishes. The salad is more nutritious with eggplant.
It is very easy to include the vegetable in your eating routine and the results are very rewarding. Invest in eggplant!
The information contained on this page is for informational purposes only. They do not replace the advice and follow-up of doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, physical education professionals and other specialists.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: