Are you looking for a home treatment for your hair? Rice water in the hair can be a good ally in your care routine. To learn more about it, we talked to dermatologist Renata Marques (CMJ-RJ 814717). Below, you can see the benefits, how to prepare, how to use it and also reviews from those who have already tried it.
Can you use rice water on your hair?
The dermatologist explains that this is a centuries-old technique in Asian countries, such as Japan and China, and that this practice generates several advantages for the highlights. With that in mind, she listed the main ones for you to know. Check out:
Rice water benefits
- It is a tool to hydrate the wires;
- It has the potential to straighten the hair, leaving it smoother, due to the treatment it offers;
- It is a powerful antioxidant, as it is rich in amino acids, B vitamins, vitamin E and ferulic acid;
- Stimulates the growth of new hairs;
- Decreases frizz;
- It also prevents hair from falling out.
Did you see how many advantages of using rice water on your hair? This technique is a good bet for those who want to keep their hair more beautiful and healthy.
How to prepare rice water
- Wash 1 cup (tea) of rice and place in a pot with 2 cups of filtered water at room temperature;
- Cover the pot and let it rest for 24 hours. This time is necessary for the mixture to ferment;
- Strain the water and reserve.
If you want to store rice water, it must be kept in a tightly closed container. Also, it should keep in the fridge for a maximum of a week. That way, you guarantee practicality for your routine.
How to use rice water on hair
- Wash your hair with shampoo. Rinse;
- Pour rice water over your head and massage your scalp. The movements must be smooth and with the tips of the fingers, without using the nails;
- Let it rest for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water;
- Apply a moisturizing mask and rinse again;
- Finish with conditioner and remove it with running water.
As you can see, it’s easy to use rice water on your hair. However, you must have time set aside for all the steps to be followed correctly. Thus, you guarantee a better result for your wires.
It works? Reviews from those who have already tried
Still in doubt about whether or not to use rice water on your hair? So, check below testimonials from those who have already used the technique.
fermented rice water
To enhance the effect of hydration, the tip of this video is to soak the rice in water for 2 to 3 days. As a result, the hair is left soft, shiny and well hydrated.
homemade rice shampoo
If you’re looking for practicality and don’t want to waste a lot of time when using rice water, it’s worth adding it to your shampoo. Here, after a day of use, hydration was already noticed.
Hydration with rice water
In this video, you first learn the step by step of how to hydrate with rice water. Then you also check the result.
As you can see, using rice water is an easy and inexpensive way to ensure more hydration and also help with hair growth. If you want your locks to always look beautiful and healthy, also see tips on hair oil and enjoy all its benefits.
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: