Few things go so well with breakfast as yogurt, even better with granola or fruit, right?
But the truth is that buying yogurt for the whole family to consume daily can be very expensive! In addition, industrialized versions contain dyes, preservatives, among other ingredients that are not so cool for health. Therefore, making homemade yogurt is the best option.
Although many people don’t believe it, making yogurt at home is not as difficult as it seems… But it does require patience! However, those who always do it, guarantee: it’s really worth it!
In addition to being made without preservatives, you can use the ingredients you want, making versions of natural, Greek, frozen yogurts and even restrictive versions (for example, lactose-free).
Get inspired by the recipes below and make your yogurt just the way you like it!
natural homemade yogurt
1. Simple homemade yogurt: an easy recipe, just be patient to make. You will only use semi-skimmed milk and full-fat yogurt (firm consistency). The recipe yields approximately 10 servings of 95 calories.
2. Low-fat yogurt: a recipe that uses 0% skim milk, but for a better consistency, you can add whole milk powder. You will then use only skim milk, low-fat yogurt and whole milk powder.
3. Whole yogurt: a simple recipe, the difference is in boiling the milk to the point of rising to the edge of the pan. Yogurt is delicious, with a firm texture and very creamy… And best of all, it has no preservatives.
4. Yogurt with powdered milk: the ideal yogurt recipe to be combined with good granola! To make it, you will only use whole milk, plain yogurt (unflavored, nothing, pure!) and powdered milk.
5. Yogurt with natural yogurt and powdered milk: some people find it difficult to know the right temperature to make yogurt, but this recipe has a tip… You should, basically, boil only 400 ml of milk…. As soon as it boils, turn off the heat and mix the rest of the milk (it has to be at room temperature) plus a cup of plain yogurt (also at room temperature).
6. Yogurt with cream: good to know it’s not a light recipe! But it’s worth a try… It’s the result of reducing a lot of thin milk into something wonderful, almost a pudding, almost a cheese.
7. Yogurt in a thermos bottle: the tip is to use a metal thermos bottle. When buying yogurt, look for a whole, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt. Read the label looking for the ingredients and buy the one that has the least amount of them. Yogurt should basically be made from whole milk (if it is reconstituted, no problem) and lactic yeast.
8. Yogurt with hydrated oatmeal: great tip for healthy eating. The oats, after being hydrated, are soft and with a wonderful texture, great for regulating the functioning of the intestine, among other advantages.
9. Light yogurt: great option to start your day in a healthier way! To make this recipe, you will only use two liters of skimmed milk and a small pot of low-fat plain yogurt.
10. Plain Greek yogurt: besides being delicious, it’s very easy to make… All you need is patience to wait for it to be ready. The yield is five cups of yogurt and you will only use milk and a small pot of plain yogurt.
11. Unsweetened Greek Yogurt: The first step is to prepare a basic yogurt recipe. Then, it is necessary to remove part of the whey to make it more consistent and creamy. You will need a deep container, like a bowl, a sieve and a thin, clean cotton towel.
12. Greek yogurt with vanilla essence: Anyone who buys Greek yogurt in supermarkets knows that it doesn’t cost much. In addition, it may have unhealthy ingredients… The best option, then, is to make your own Greek yogurt, in a very natural way and with the touch of flavor you like the most.
13. Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt: A tasty, consistent and creamy yogurt, just like the one you can find in supermarkets (or even better). The method is the same as for homemade yogurt, you can make as many liters as you want, mixing just a cup of yogurt with the desired amount of milk.
14. Creamy Greek yogurt: a homemade version that, in addition to being more affordable, is made naturally and is very creamy. You will only use whole milk, plain full-fat yogurt (room temperature), sweetener or sugar, and drops of vanilla extract.
15. Greek yogurt with cream and condensed milk: the result is a sweet yogurt, but without exaggeration, much creamier than store bought and much cheaper. It’s worth learning to do!
16. Lactose-free Greek yogurt: the recipe is for a natural Greek yogurt, so you can make the flavor you want, you can add drops of vanilla, you can make it with strawberry, put peach pieces or even cocoa and make it in chocolate flavor.
Homemade flavored yogurts
17. Coffee Yogurt: Anyone who is a fan of coffee will love this recipe. You will only use milk, plain yogurt, instant coffee and condensed milk. Good idea to serve for the family in a special breakfast on the weekend!
18. Strawberry yogurt with syrup and pieces: in addition to being a healthier and more economical option, the preparation of this strawberry yogurt is a great opportunity to have fun with the kids in the kitchen. Here’s a tip for a nice weekend!
19. Cranberry Yogurt: You’re basically mixing homemade low-fat plain yogurt with fresh blackberries. You can sweeten it with a little honey, brown sugar or demerara, or sweetener. You can also use frozen blackberries to make them colder.
20. Coconut Yogurt: An amazing vegan version of coconut yogurt. It is creamy, light and sour, not to mention that it is rich in bacteria that help the intestinal flora. Healthy, it’s a great option for breakfast or afternoon snack. Accompanied by homemade granola, even better!
21. Lemon and Coconut Yogurt: An amazing flavor combination… You will need skimmed milk, plain yogurt, lemon flavor, shredded coconut and sugar.
22. Yogurt with plum syrup: to make yogurt, you will only use whole milk, natural yogurt and powdered milk. Then just add the dried plum syrup and strawberry jam… For a delicious snack!
23. Lemon Cinnamon Yogurt: A very tasty version of yogurt. You will only use skimmed milk, plain yogurt, powdered milk, lemon, cinnamon, sugar and apple snacks.
24. Lactose-Free Coconut Yogurt: A vegan, lactose-free recipe where you will only use homemade coconut milk, agar-agar, sweetener and lemon. A simple recipe that works well!
25. Homemade lactose-free yogurt: in addition to being an extremely easy recipe, it is really functional, as it even uses a probiotic sachet, which you can find in health food stores or pharmacies.
26. Soy yogurt: simple and easy to make, this yogurt is delicious, cheaper and has the advantage of being able to prepare it in the flavor you want, using creativity (thus, the risk of getting sick of the taste is much lower).
27. Macadamia yoghurt: a lactose-free plant-based recipe. Easy to make, you’ll just need macadamia nuts, filtered water, lemon and xanthan gum (which gives yogurt its texture but isn’t essential).
28. Almond yogurt: a delicious vegan yogurt with the creaminess of Greek yogurt. A simple recipe to make and you won’t even need a yogurt maker for it.
29. Yam Milk Yogurt: A vegan, soy-free recipe. It is also gluten-free, sugar-free and lactose-free. The yogurt has a creamy texture and you can serve it, for example, with 100% blackberry jam.
30. Vegan Strawberry Yogurt with Tapioca: It is very tasty and similar to the original strawberry yogurt. You will use homemade coconut milk (or another plant-based option), strawberries, tapioca starch, lemon, sugar, and a pinch of salt.
31. Vegan Strawberry Yogurt with Tofu: this is a nutritious “danoninho”, without dyes and preservatives. Good choice to be served for breakfast or a snack before bed! Even the kids will love it!
homemade frozen yogurt
32. Lemon Frozen Yogurt: practical to prepare and you can even substitute ingredients and make it in a lighter version. It can be consumed pure or accompanied by a good jam!
33. Natural Frozen yogurt: a delicious option especially for the hottest days. You can make this natural version or add any flavor of your choice, including fruit. On top, the tip is to put a little ginger sugar.
34. Natural Frozen Yogurt with Lemon Zest: This recipe makes about four servings. You will only use plain yogurt, sugar, sour cream with the whey and lemon zest. The tip is to consume it pure, because it is very tasty, or with some syrup.
35. Peach Frozen Yogurt: A healthy, refreshing dessert with a natural fruit flavor. A great alternative to replace traditional ice creams, which are full of harmful ingredients. You will only need plain Greek yogurt, peaches, lemon and honey.
36. Strawberry Frozen Yogurt: Great substitute for ice cream, both in terms of flavor and texture. You will only need plain yogurt, fresh cream, strawberries and sugar.
37. Raspberry Frozen Yogurt: Perfect recipe for an afternoon snack or a healthy dessert on the weekend. The detail is that you can use the fruits of your choice.
38. Frozen papaya yogurt: a light, refreshing and easy frozen yogurt recipe. You will basically use full-fat plain yogurt, papaya, whole milk, lemon juice, sugar or sweetener.
39. Frozen yogurt with mango and banana: a supernatural recipe and very easy to make… Just use yogurt and fruit with a strong flavor. So easy to make you’ll want to make it every time!
40. Frozen yogurt with black fruits: for a refreshing and delicious dessert. You will need blackberries, blueberries, organic light sugar, filtered water, fresh cream, organic egg, and plain wholegrain yogurt.
41. Frozen strawberry yogurt and rose water: good choice for hot days, as it is very refreshing. You will need strawberries, granulated sugar, lemon, rose water, curds (firm type) and full-fat yogurt (firm).
42. Peruvian Maca Frozen Yogurt: The recipe yields three servings and you will use only sour cream, Peruvian maca, plain yogurt and light organic sugar.
In natural or flavored versions, healthy or more enhanced, homemade yogurt is always a great option for a special breakfast or afternoon snack. In addition to having the advantage of being made with the ingredients you like the most, it doesn’t take preservatives and comes out much more into account!
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: