The idea of concentrating the volume of hair on just one side came up with the sidecut, a type of cut in which a part of the side of the head is shaved. More daring women joined the movement, which soon became a worldwide trend.
However, you don’t have to shave your hair to achieve the same effect, bobby pins and hairspray will do the trick. Holding your hair to the side is a hairstyle that allows you to create creative and very elegant looks. It is possible to join the trend by wearing buns, braids, half-up hairstyles, ponytails and all of that together at once!
The hairstyle looks good on straight, wavy, curly and frizzy hair. It also doesn’t matter if your hair is short, medium or long, there are options for all sizes and many are very easy to do. To give you an idea of all this dimension, we have separated 45 beautiful side hairstyles looks and four tutorials for you to do at home. Check out!
1. Hair tied to the side has become a classic hairstyle
2. But it started with the sidecut fad
3. Like Natalie Dormer, Game of Thrones’ Margaery Tyrell
4. Side hair proved to be very versatile
5. It fits very well in a looser way in everyday life
6. And with a relaxed braid that is very easy to do
7. There is no error. The hairstyle suits any hair type
8. Your effect is always beautiful
9. Widely used on special occasions
10. In the most diverse ways
11. And with powerful curls
12. The side bun is one of the darlings
13. They are rich in detail
14. Very well done
15. Be in a “messy” style
16. Or in a modern rococo
17. With a braided tiara
18. Built-in braid
19. Two braids
20. The braid is really a super partner of the side hairstyle
21. She can be very discreet
22. Be the basis of a romantic look
23. Be present throughout the hairstyle
24. Or end up in a gorgeous ponytail
25. Use braid variations in your side hairstyle
26. Like this gorgeous roman braid
27. And this breathtaking fishbone
28. Not even Anna Kendrick can resist
29. Last one with braid. Promise!
30. The hair twist technique is also a partner of the side hairstyle
31. Isn’t it charming?
32. Long hair looks amazing on the side
33. Look at the ensemble with that topknot!
34. But shorts aren’t left behind
35. They are charming
36. And very elegant
37. Singer (and diva) Sandy is also adept at side-swept hair
38. After all, it’s a really gorgeous hairstyle
42. Or with well-defined waves
43. The semi-updo side hairstyle is another celebrity darling
44. Works great with straight, wavy hair…
After this incredible selection, it’s more than proven that you don’t have to follow any kind of pattern to rock your hair to the side, right? If you liked it and want to learn how to do a side hairstyle, keep with us!
Video tutorials for you to test at home
Some side hairstyles require a certain mastery of techniques and are really difficult to replicate at home. In this case, looking for a hairdresser is an excellent option. However, others can be surprisingly easy to make and you can enjoy using them on a regular work day, outing, or on a special occasion. Look:
Simple and quick wavy side hairstyle
Making a beautiful hairstyle with wavy strands is much faster and more practical than you might think. Check out!
Bulky curls to rock
If your hair is full of curls, here’s how to use the technique of twisting your hair on one side to create a beautiful side hairstyle.
Practical side braid
With a few bobby pins and fixing spray, see how to make a side hairstyle with a braid that is super easy to do and with an amazing effect!
World’s Easiest Side Curly
Want to know how to get your hair ready for a party in just two minutes? This tutorial is for you who have short, medium or long curly hair.
With so much beautiful inspiration, there will be no shortage of ideas when you need to do a hairstyle, right?
With Knowledge Comes Wisdom
Walk comfortably in both Darkness and Light with these digital Books of Shadows: